lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser and backwards-compatibility
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:17:40 GMT
On Oct 10, 2004, at 9:56 AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Also, I found another signature change for getFuzzyQuery which broke
> another custom QueryParser subclass of mine.  :(

More on this, from CHANGES.txt:

  2. FuzzyQuery now takes an additional parameter that specifies the
     minimum similarity that is required for a term to match the query.
     The QueryParser syntax for this is term~x, where x is a floating
     point number between 0 and 1 (a bigger number means that a higher
     similarity is required). Furthermore, a prefix can be specified
     for FuzzyQuerys so that only those terms are considered similar that
     start with this prefix. This can speed up FuzzyQuery greatly.
     (Daniel Naber, Christoph Goller)

This note is for Lucene 1.9.  But Lucene 1.4.2 has this feature in it.
There is no section in CHANGES.txt for 1.4.2.

Even the change in FuzzyQuery.toString broke one of my test cases :(

	Erik