lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Normalized Scoring -- was RE: idf and explain(), was Re: Search and Scoring
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:32:36 GMT
On Thursday 21 October 2004 20:00, Chuck Williams wrote:

> Thanks Otis.  Other than trying to get some consensus a) that this is a
> problem worth fixing, and b) on the best approach to fix it, my central
> question is, if I fix it is it likely to get incorporated back into
> Lucene?

Chuck,

sorry, I also lack the time and knowledge to follow this discussion, but
what I consider a problem is that you currently cannot search over several
indices without getting an incorrect ranking (except these indices were
built from splitting one large index). Is that also something you're
trying to solve?

Regards
 Daniel

--