lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Elschot <paul.elsc...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: How does Lucene search work?
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:57:28 GMT
On Wednesday 13 October 2004 00:54, Roy wrote:
> Hello, Lucene gurus:
>
> I am reading lucene source code to understand how search is processed
> and how documents are ranked. The indexing part is relatively easy
> because the index format is well-document. However, the searching part
> is difficult to me. I don't understand how different Query classes,
> Scorer classes and IndexReader class work together to filter and rank
> documents. I found little document on this.
>
> Could somebody give me some hints and pointers? Thanks a lot!

The javadocs have been improved somewhat recently, so
in case you are not using the most recent java code, get it from cvs head,
build  the javadocs-internal target, and use the resulting javadocs.
These javadocs are still incomplete, don't hesitate to add/correct
via bugzilla.

Regards,
Paul Elschot