lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Haipeng Du" <flyabove...@hotmail.com>
Subject I am new to lucene
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:18:28 GMT
Hi, everyone:
I am new to Lucene. There are some questions I want to know why.
(1) when I use Field.Text("content", Reader) to index the file content, I
can not retrive it when I search. Here is part of code
Analyzer analyzer = new StopAnalyzer();
    Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);
    Query query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, key2,
                              analyzer);
    Hits hits = searcher.search(query);
I can not find the field when I use : hits.doc(i).get("content"). It is
null. But I can get all other fields value as the same way. How could I get
that?
(2) Does Lucene have a way to index pdf content? Which is the best API that
can be easy used to change pdf to text?
Please response me. Thanks a lot.
Haipeng