lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yussef Alkhamrichi" <yalkhamri...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: lucene.net no more?
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:11:30 GMT
Hi Otis,

Sorry for interrupting the process of the book you are putting together :S
But I just feel something needs to be done to make sure that the .NET port
of Lucene is as open an available for all of us as is Lucene itself.

Hmm, maybe the Lucene.NET guys are counting on the same action from
Microsoft as what happened to Lookout ;) The acquisition is a great thing
for the Lookout guys, but I don't think MS can bypass the Apache License of
Lucene (I guess). If you can't beat them, ...

We hope to have things cleared out as fast as possible on the .NET port.

Yussef