lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.4.2?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:06:36 GMT
Christoph Goller wrote:
> I'd like the changes on FuzzyQuery, PhraseQuery, and PhrasePrefixQuery
> included in the branch. Any objections?

I'm okay with these, but the primary purpose of 1.4.2 should be to
stabilize things, not to add new features.  So let's be very selective
about what we add, and scrutinize changes carefully so we don't
introduce new bugs.  Are you confident that these are "safe" changes?

If we agree to let a *few* features in, then I vote for my optimization
to IndexSearcher.  Of all the optimizations I made recently, the single
biggest performance improvement was to avoid allocating a new ScoreDoc
for every non-zero score in IndexSearcher.search(Query,Filter,int).  I
think this is safe.  Are there any concerns about putting this
optimization into 1.4.2?

Doug