lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.4.2?
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:49:13 GMT
To be clear, you are proposing that we branch from the 1.4.1 tag in CVS
and re-apply the patches below?  I'm not opposed to that, if you
volunteer to do the work.

I also agree with Otis that we should wait until we have a good solution
to the Sort-related memory leak issue before we make a release.

Finally, I don't think this is urgent.  Except for #4 below, these bugs
don't break applications that worked prior 1.4.  The Sort-related bugs
are bugs in a new feature that has never worked correctly.  In general
we should urgently fix bugs in code that previously worked correctly.
Fixing bugs in new features is important, but a lower priority.

Re #4: Did this fix a bug that was introduced in 1.4, or had the bug
always been there?

Doug