lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/test/org/apache/lucene/document TestDocument.java
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:12:35 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:
> goller@apache.org wrote:
>
>>   +      if ((bits & 2) != 0) {
>>   +        final byte[] b = new byte[fieldsStream.readVInt()];
>>   +        fieldsStream.readBytes(b, 0, b.length);
>>   +        doc.add(new Field(fi.name, b));
>>   +      }
>>   +      else {
>>   +        Field.Index index;
>>   +        boolean tokenize = (bits & 1) != 0;
>

> I'd still like to see constants for these bit masks, as suggested in:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg06693.html
>
> This will make the code much more readable as we add, e.g., compression.
>
> Doug

Yes, that would be better. I just noticed that you already suggested
compressed non-binary values. That's what I meant with my latest comment
in bugzilla. So I suggest to wait until Bernhard is back. Maybe he will
change his compression patch accordingly and also add the bit-masks.
I will keep this in my mind.

Christoph