lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: no more?
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:44:00 GMT
Yussef Alkhamrichi wrote:
> The main target for the .NET porters is now to get a SourceForge
> workspace to continue the .NET port of Lucene. Mohammed is contacting
> the developers of NLucene and see if we can work something out together
> to use their space and name for the real open source .NET brother (or
> sister:) of the Java Lucene version.

Perhaps it is time to start bringing the various Lucene ports under the
Apache umbrella.  If we made Lucene a top-level Apache project rather
than a Jakarta sub-project, at rather than, then we could have sub-projects for each
implementation (Java, C++, C#, Perl, etc.).  The primary obstacle to
this is a lack of volunteers who are willing to do the legwork of
re-assembling the website, cvs, mailing lists, etc.  I am currently
overbooked and cannot take this on.

This would prevent this sort of thing in the future: an Apache
sub-project cannot be unilaterally closed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message