lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <>
Subject Re: Lock handling and Lucene 1.9 / 2.0
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:59:47 GMT

--- Christoph Goller <>

> We are talking about different IndexReader
> implementations.
> There is one implementation that works on optimized
> and one that works on non-optimized indexes. The
> rational
> for hiding these two is that the user should not
> care about
> these details. He only has to use the abstract
> IndexReader
> API.

In my case user will be using IndexReader api (and my
preference for it to be an interface -  not a strict

I will just register correct index reader in pico
container (and at the stage of application assembly I
know, whether I'm using optimised or not optimized
index) , class ( for example webwork  action ) will
declare constructor dependency to IndexReader, and
container will automagically provide this dependency
on instantiation.

So, class using IndexReader does not know what kind of
index reader it is.

----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verstärkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] für die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programmieren, Kenntnisse in OpenSource-Bereich

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message