lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Priblouda <kpriblo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lock handling and Lucene 1.9 / 2.0
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:52:44 GMT

--- Christoph Goller <goller@detego-software.de>
wrote:

> Konstantin Priblouda wrote:
> > --- Pete Lewis <pete@uptima.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Konstantin
> >>
> >>Yes, the current FSDirectory only really works
> well
> >>if you have a single
> >>index on a system, otherwise it will cause
> problems.
> >

> > I'm lobbying constructable one, for use with
> > picocontainer. I hate to write stupid wrappers
> > around clases where developers thought sigleton /
> > static factory would be cool...
>
> Sometimes developers have good reasons for using
> static factories. Ask yourself why this is such a
> well known and well described design pattern.

I have a good reason to drop them altogether.
Read why:
http://www.picocontainer.org/

going this way really save me a lot of code in
subprojects ( those stupid stupid singleton / factory
class everywhere, and users of my subproject shall
care how to get my email component etc. pp. - using
pico it's just not heir business - saves a lot of code
and headache )

And answering your question - it's long enough around.
And there are as well reasons against this pattern.

regards,
regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verstärkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] für die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programmieren, Kenntnisse in OpenSource-Bereich