lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Aviran" <>
Subject RE: I am new to lucene
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:28:08 GMT
1. Field.Text Constructs a Reader-valued Field that is tokenized and
indexed, but is not stored in the index verbatim, Thus you can not retrieve
the text. You need to use Field.Text("content", String) to be able to read
back the content.
2. You can use an open source project called PDFBox which can extract text
from a PDF document.

-----Original Message-----
From: Haipeng Du []
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:18 AM
Subject: I am new to lucene

Hi, everyone:
I am new to Lucene. There are some questions I want to know why.
(1) when I use Field.Text("content", Reader) to index the file content, I
can not retrive it when I search. Here is part of code
Analyzer analyzer = new StopAnalyzer();
    Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);
    Query query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, key2,
    Hits hits =;
I can not find the field when I use : hits.doc(i).get("content"). It is
null. But I can get all other fields value as the same way. How could I get
(2) Does Lucene have a way to index pdf content? Which is the best API that
can be easy used to change pdf to text?
Please response me. Thanks a lot.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: