lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <GSIng...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Concerning TermFreqVector
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:48:58 GMT
A Term is just the Term text plus the field, which you have on the
vector, so you can just create them as you need.

>>> bcoessen@esat.kuleuven.ac.be 8/27/2004 9:50:07 AM >>>
Dear List,

Why does the TermFreqVector object only contain an array of strings
representing the terms instead of an array of Term objects (as is the
case in all other objects)? The latter would for instance allow to get

more information from the Term but its string representation and
document frequency.

In general I'm working document oriented and only use inverse document

frequencies. Addition of getTermFreqVector to IndexReader was really
great, but since I only use IDF scores, I can't use this method,
because
I can't get to the docFreq() if I don't have the Term object.

Regards,
Bert