lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <>
Subject Re: TermPositionVector used/implemented?
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:45:32 GMT
It _was_ a placeholder left over from Dmitry's original work until last
week, when I submitted a patch that implements the ability to store both
position and token offset information for a document.  I do not believe
the patch has been applied to head yet.  If you look at the original
TermVector bug, the attachment should be there.

>>> 8/27/2004 12:18:56 AM >>>
Is TermPositionVector used or implemented anywhere?
I checked the Lucene source, sandbox source, and Nutch source and found

no uses or implementations of it. Is it just there to reserve the

Looks useful however as the implication is you can get back at the
tokenized document w/ the tokens in order (with a little sorting work I

Gosh, even Google found no refs on the mailing list for it...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: