lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <GSIng...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: TermPositionVector used/implemented?
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:45:32 GMT
It _was_ a placeholder left over from Dmitry's original work until last
week, when I submitted a patch that implements the ability to store both
position and token offset information for a document.  I do not believe
the patch has been applied to head yet.  If you look at the original
TermVector bug, the attachment should be there.

>>> dave-lucene-dev@tropo.com 8/27/2004 12:18:56 AM >>>
Is TermPositionVector used or implemented anywhere?
I checked the Lucene source, sandbox source, and Nutch source and found

no uses or implementations of it. Is it just there to reserve the
concept?

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/index/TermPositionVector.html

Looks useful however as the implication is you can get back at the
tokenized document w/ the tokens in order (with a little sorting work I

guess).

Gosh, even Google found no refs on the mailing list for it...

thx,
  Dave