lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <>
Subject Re: Changes in recent days
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:00:57 GMT
I found it.  Bug in my merge of SegmentMerger.  Thanks to those who
helped and my apologies for the confusion.  I should know better than to
trust the automatic merge capabilities when there are conflicts.

Patch will be coming later tonight.

>>> 8/18/2004 2:50:13 PM >>>

I have been adding term position and term offset info (optionally) to
the Term Vector.  I thought I was done (as all existing and new tests
passed), so I went to make sure everything else was in synch with CVS
head.  After checking out and merging, TestTermVectors failed in new
tests that I had added which had previously passed (although
TestTermVectorsReader/Writer still passed as did all tests under
 Was wondering if anyone had any idea what has changed between
and when I last updated (about 3 days ago).  Is there a way in CVS to
see this?  I am thinking it is in segment merging, but am not sure.
TestSegmentMerger still passes.

The fact that the core reading/writing still passes makes me think my
implementation at the low level is fine, but the next layer up is not.

Any ideas on proceeding would be appreciated.  I guess I will have to

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: