lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: moving the analyzers into sandbox
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:51:24 GMT
On Aug 15, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Saturday 14 August 2004 22:44, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> +1 on moving those analyzers out.
>
> Technically this means to remove the files from lucene's core and
> re-add
> them in sandbox, doesn't it? Or is there some special case for moving
> (e.g. contact cvs admin so he can move files on the server)?

Right, we just add them to the sandbox and remove them from the core.
CVS doesn't support "move" operations.  We could, though, (and this is
a separate discussion altogether) move to Subversion.  Several Apache
projects already have and many more are going that direction.

> I agree. Some more ideas how we can improve the release process:
>
> -make sure the mirrors get the new version (don't know what's required
> for
> that)

We don't even  have 1.4.1 mirrored yet.  We need to be sure to make
that happen soon though.  I've done it for the past couple of releases.
  It's not that big of a deal, but does involve several manual steps
including signing each of the files locally and uploading them into the
correct spot at www.apache.org.  There are instructions at the old
nagoya wiki somewhere and I have them archived in e-mail.

> I could create a small document that lists the things to do for each
> release. If you think that such a document is useful, should I put it
> into
> cvs or in the wiki?

I think the wiki is the best place.  Most of the instructions are
actually out there, but they are not Lucene specific:

	http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager

Having the steps on the Lucene wiki would be nice though.

	Erik