lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: moving the analyzers into sandbox
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:44:46 GMT

On Aug 14, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> any objections against moving the German and Russian analyzers into the
> sandbox? If not, I'd like to do that, but I'm not sure if we already
> agreed on doing so. The current situation with analyzers both in
> lucene's
> core and in the sandbox doesn't seem to make sense.

+1 on moving those analyzers out.

> I suggest that we provide an lucene-analyzers.tar.gz with the upcoming
> releases so that people don't have to check out the sandbox from CVS to
> make use of the analyzers.

We should go even further and release all sandbox components along with
each release - this would give more exposure to the highlighter,
snowball analyzer, and the others.  Maybe we shouldn't package
everything that way, as some things might tend to cause more support
issues, such as WordNet which requires a few additional steps to make
use of.  Thoughts?  At the very least though, analyzers, highlighter,
and snowball make great sense to package and version with Lucene core
releases, I think.

	Erik