lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "hui" <...@triplehop.com>
Subject lucene 1.4 index file closing
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:40:26 GMT
Hi,
It seems the Lucene 1.4.1 does not close the index files even the
searcher.close is called. Monitor the tomcat(4.1.30), the file handle number
keeps going up when doing search. The increased number matched with the
index file number. The index is based on the same Lucene version. I tried
both of the one or two indexes. The result is the same. After a while the
tomcat, the server is going to run out of the file handle.
 The code lines are

Hits hits =indexSearcher.search(query, new Sort(SortField.FIELD_DOC ));
:
indexSearcher.close();

I changed the line to
Hits hits =indexSearcher.search(query);
And switched back to 1.3 final and it works fine (after searching, the
handles of tomcat went back the same as before searching.)

This was reported as a bug
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apach
e.org
<http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apac
he.org&msgId=1737852> &msgId=1737852
But it shows it solved on July 12 which means it should not exist at 1.4.1.
Or should I get the latest one from cvs?

Regards,
Hui