lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "hui" <...@triplehop.com>
Subject RE: lucene 1.4 index file closing
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:08:29 GMT
Thank you. That actually gave me the clue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Messer [mailto:Bernhard.Messer@intrafind.de]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 5:50 PM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Re: lucene 1.4 index file closing

Hui,

there is some truth in what you are saying. But at least, the change is
reflected in the changes.txt which is available in the internet. Look at
the note from Christoph on
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-lucene/CHANGES.txt?view=markup

"Fixed inconsistencies with index closing. Indexes and directories are
now only closed automatically by Lucene when Lucene opened them
automatically."

regards
Bernhard