lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Coessens <bcoes...@esat.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject Concerning TermFreqVector
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:50:07 GMT
Dear List,

Why does the TermFreqVector object only contain an array of strings
representing the terms instead of an array of Term objects (as is the
case in all other objects)? The latter would for instance allow to get
more information from the Term but its string representation and
document frequency.

In general I'm working document oriented and only use inverse document
frequencies. Addition of getTermFreqVector to IndexReader was really
great, but since I only use IDF scores, I can't use this method, because
I can't get to the docFreq() if I don't have the Term object.

Regards,
Bert