lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Joey Lawrance <lawra...@cs.orst.edu>
Subject CJK Support for HTMLParser.jj
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:46:13 GMT
So, I needed the ability to parse Japanese HTML documents using
lucene-ja for my job. I was frustrated when I got HTML parser errors on
valid Japanese HTML. I digged a little, and I was excited to see the
StandardTokenizer.jj grammar already had CJK ranges defined in it. I
copied/pasted the CJK ranges from StandardTokenizer.jj into
HTMLParser.jj and added CJK as a type of token and viola! I can now
parse Japanese HTML documents using lucene-ja. Believe me, lucene-ja is
very crippled without this ability!

I've attached the HTMLParser.jj file that successfully parses Japanese
HTML for indexing. It is derived from the lucene-1.4-final version of
HTMLParser.jj, and I've attached a patch (against lucene-1.4-final).
Obviously, I don't have CVS commit access (and I'm not requesting it),
but I'd like to contribute this patch back to Lucene as it has been
absolutely invaluable for my work, and this is my way of saying "thank
you!" Let me know if a patch against CVS would be more convenient, or if
this patch is even worthy of being included in Lucene. I certainly think
it is. :-)

Joey