lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: Changes in recent days
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:58:54 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been adding term position and term offset info (optionally) to
> the Term Vector.  I thought I was done (as all existing and new tests
> passed), so I went to make sure everything else was in synch with CVS
> head.  After checking out and merging, TestTermVectors failed in new
> tests that I had added which had previously passed (although
> TestTermVectorsReader/Writer still passed as did all tests under index).
>  Was wondering if anyone had any idea what has changed between yesterday
> and when I last updated (about 3 days ago).  Is there a way in CVS to
> see this?  I am thinking it is in segment merging, but am not sure.  The
> TestSegmentMerger still passes.
>
> The fact that the core reading/writing still passes makes me think my
> implementation at the low level is fine, but the next layer up is not.
>

> Any ideas on proceeding would be appreciated.  I guess I will have to

Hi Grant,

maybe your problems are caused by merging with my recent changes in
SegmentReader, IndexWriter, and SegmentMerger (and in
TestSegmentMerger.java TestDoc.java DocTest.java) These changes are
related to the compound file format and they reduce peak disk usage.
SegmentMerger no longer deletes old segment files when a cfs-file
is created. Deletion of these file is now done in IndexWriter.

Looking forward to your improved term Vectors,

Christoph