lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: API cleanup: BooleanQuery.add()
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:17:17 GMT
On Friday 20 August 2004 23:48, Doug Cutting wrote:

> I still prefer Occur.MUST, Occur.SHOULD and Occur.MUST_NOT.

Okay. I noticed that my suggested patch only changes BooleanQuery, but
BooleanClause is public, too. So it should be changed as well. However, it
implements Serializable and I don't know why. Does this mean we're limited
in the changes that we can apply? So is it okay to deprecate (and later
remove) the current constructor that takes two booleans and add one that
takes the Occur object?

> BooleanQuery is really a misnomer, since it is not the traditional tree
> of boolean operators.

Then maybe we should rename it for Lucene 2.0? Do you have a better name?

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de