lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <daniel.na...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: moving the analyzers into sandbox
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:00:12 GMT
On Saturday 14 August 2004 22:44, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> +1 on moving those analyzers out.

Technically this means to remove the files from lucene's core and re-add
them in sandbox, doesn't it? Or is there some special case for moving
(e.g. contact cvs admin so he can move files on the server)?

> > I suggest that we provide an lucene-analyzers.tar.gz with the upcoming
> > releases so that people don't have to check out the sandbox from CVS
> > to make use of the analyzers.
>
> We should go even further and release all sandbox components along with
> each release - this would give more exposure to the highlighter,
> snowball analyzer, and the others.

I agree. Some more ideas how we can improve the release process:

-Make sure the new version gets properly announced:
	-on annoucements@jakarta.apache.org
	-on freshmeat.net and maybe other services
-Make sure Bugzilla gets the new version number so people can select it
when they submit a bug report (1.4.1 is still missing)
-make sure the mirrors get the new version (don't know what's required for
that)

I could create a small document that lists the things to do for each
release. If you think that such a document is useful, should I put it into
cvs or in the wiki?

Regards
 Daniel

--