lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <>
Subject The fuzziness of FuzzyQuery
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:16:25 GMT

I think FuzzyQuery is not as useful as it could be, because it's too fuzzy.
For a word with 10 characters it allows an edit distance of 4, i.e. almost
half of the word can be different. I suggest to add an option so the
fuzziness can be configured, as in the attached patch. If nobody objects,
I will commit it (plus test cases). I'll later also try to modify
QueryParser to support this, but I cannot promise to get that working.

One thing I don't quite understand is the meaning of scale_factor. Does it
make sense to configure that from outside, too?

View raw message