lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Schuster <j...@wrq.com>
Subject RE: moving the analyzers into sandbox
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:10:19 GMT
I had the same problems when combining the compiles for the main Lucene
source and the French analyzer source (before all the analyzers were moved
to the sandbox). The French analyzer files are encoded as ISO8859_1, not
UTF-8.

You could split the ant compile into two steps, in which the first would
include the German and Dutch analyzers only and compile using utf-8, and the
second step would include the French analyzer and use iso8859_1 encoding.

Personally, I think it would probably be better to avoid the native encoding
and convert the source to Unicode with native2ascii. Then the encoding
shouldn't be an issue during compile.

--Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 7:18 AM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Re: moving the analyzers into sandbox

On Aug 17, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2004 14:45, Erik Hatcher wrote:
>
>> src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/fr/FrenchStemmer.java:571:
>> duplicate case label
>>      [javac]                     case '?':
>>      [javac]                         ^
>
> "ant compile" works for me, probably because my system defaults to
> utf-8.
> But when I explicitly open the FrenchStemmer.java as utf-8, the special
> characters are okay, so it's in utf-8, just like GermanStemmer.java.
> So it
> should compile when the encoding is set to utf-8.

Running "ant compile -verbose", I get this:

    [javac]
'/Users/erik/dev/jakarta/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/
analyzers/src/java'
     [javac] '-encoding'
     [javac] 'utf-8'
     [javac] '-g'
     [javac]

     [javac]
/Users/erik/dev/jakarta/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/analyzers/
src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/fr/FrenchStemmer.java:571:
duplicate case label
     [javac]                     case '?':
     [javac]                         ^

And same type of errors with the DutchStemmer.  I'm doing this on Mac
OS X.

I've done a fresh checkout of all "fr" files to no avail.

If someone can help me past compile errors, I'll gladly work on the
sandbox packaging :)

	Erik