lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Giulio Cesare Solaroli <giulio.ces...@gmail.com>
Subject Request for Lucene mentoring
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:15:53 GMT
Hi all,

this is message is not about a development topic, but it is meant for
developers, so I hope you don't feel too upset.

I am writing here because I am evaluating the option of hiring a
Lucene expert for a couple of days to come to us and investigate with
us the option to improve our Lucene usage.

At the moment we are using Lucene (mainly) internally to keep indexed
a DB of about 5 millions documents, with 50.000 new documents entering
every day (along the 24 hours) and about the same amount of documents
deleted daily (the delete procedure is under our control and we run it
mainly by night).

The size of the index is about 50Gb, and no field (except for the
Primary key) is stored into the index.

The availability of the Lucene index is getting more and more
important daily, but we have many more things to develop, and we are
not able to get the required competences fast enough.

For this reason we thought  that a few days of mentor ship by some
expert Lucene developer could help us in improving efficiently our
current situation.

Our office is locate in Bagnacavallo - Italy
(http://corporate.extrapola.com/aboutus/where/research/en?set_language=en&cl=en).

We don't have an exact time frame, but as we are close to the sea,
this season could offer an excellent opportunity to have a few days of
work and a few more days of rest on the beach. ;-)

So the final question is: is there any expert Lucene developer
interested in coming to work to Italy for a few days?

If anybody is interested, please reply to me privately.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Giulio Cesare Solaroli

PS: to get an overview of what my company does, you could have a look
at our site (http://www.extrapola.com), but be aware that the english
translation is still in progress, so you will find many "in progress"
pages.