lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mcha...@za.safmarine.com
Subject storing a directory (indexes) in a database [Our Ref:CPTC48E1]
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:53:46 GMT
hi there,

This is a copy of a post to lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org.

There seems to be lots of talk about storing Lucene directories in a
relational DB, but I haven't found too many links.

I've looked at JDBCDirectory (http://ppinew.mnis.com/jdbcdirectory/) but
get a NullPointerException when trying to get an index-reader on a newly
created directory.

Has anyone else had success with JDBCDirectory?

Are there alternative implementation out there?

thanks,
Manoj

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee.
If you are not the addressee you must not read, copy,
use or disclose the e-mail nor the content; please notify
us immediately (by clicking "Reply") and delete this e-mail.