lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: Change Token to public
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:47:33 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I'm voting, based on discussions on lucene-user, to make Token public.  +1

I think you mean to make Token non-final, in which case I'm +1 too.

Probably we should also make the accessors non-final, make the fields
private and add setters for some (or all) of the fields.  This will also
require a few changes to other classes in the analysis package which
access the currently package private fields, making them instead use
accessors.  In short, we need a diff, complete with javadoc comments.

John, would you like to submit such a patch?

In general, things are expedited by high-quality patches accompanied by
a description of the problems solved by the patch.  A simple request to
make more stuff non-final is too vague to be acted on.

Doug