lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Divya S. Jesuraj" <djesu...@mitre.org>
Subject Powerpoint search using Lucene
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:02:27 GMT
Hello,

I am a VERY new Java Programmer and have now been thrust into development
using Lucene. I was able to figure out parsing/indexing of MS Word, MS
Excel, RTF, Text files, and PDFs with a lot of reading and using Poi& PDF
Sandbox. I however haven't been able to do anything with PPTs [or htmls -
that is the least of my worries]...

I am indexing a directory on my machine and have a user interface with a
JSP. Has anyone figured out how to get a Powerpoint search to work? I
searched the forums but I can't find anything that would help my situation.
Some sample code would be appreciated.

Thank you.

~Divya Jesuraj
Technical Summer Intern 2004