lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Nezda <lne...@gmail.com>
Subject Compound SpanQuery sub-classes Query Boost Implementation
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:14:17 GMT
Hello -

My colleagues and I agree, Lucene is one of the best things since sliced bread.
I am using the SpanQuery sub-classes heavily in my beta application
(to the exclusion of all other Query sub-types) and have found it a
very powerful
construct.

I have looked at the source and SpanQuery boosting doesn't seem to be
implemented yet for the compond SpanQuery sub-classes (SpanOrQuery,
SpanNearQuery, SpanNotQuery, SpanNearQuery).  Could anyone please
tell me if there are plans to complete this aspect of this useful new Query
type in the near future?  If not, I am willing to give the implementation a
try myself and would appreciate any advice.  I assume it would be done
similarly to the BooleanQuery boost implementation.

Thanks in Advance,
-Luke