lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Vila <...@imente.com>
Subject Clustering question: searching two diferent indexes
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:44:34 GMT
Hi all,

I was wondering If I can search using the MultiSearcher over two
diferent indexes at the same time (with diferent fields).
I've got one big index, with the code, title, content, language, etc
fields (new documents are added incrementally). Now, I have to introduce
a clustering field. The problem is that I have to update the whole index
each time the clusters change, and I have no enought time to do it (I
wanna check for new clusters every 10 minuts and I spent 25 minutes to
reindex the whole index).
A query example could be: language:0 and title:java and cluster:0

Can I leave the big index whitout any changes and create a new index
with only the following fields, code and cluster, and perform the
searches using this two indexes? I think I cannot do that without
changing the code. It would need a postprocess, matching all returning
codes from index 1 with index 2.

Anyone have a solution for this problem? I would appreciate that.

Thanks.

--
Albert Vila
Director de proyectos I+D