lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Clews <r...@klearsystems.com>
Subject Storing data in Lucene or Xindice
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:28:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently looking at using Lucene to index some XML feeds we receive
for content. However, some of the feeds contain the articles contents
and some don't, the feeds that do contain the contents are in XML, for
the others we must retrieve them in HTML.

I was originally going to store the XML contents from the feed in
Xindice and retrieve them for each result from a Lucene query, but I
guess I could store them in Lucene. We expect to build up a lot of
content from shortish articles on the web and our main focus is speed,
so would I be best storing the contents in Lucene or Xindice?

Would storing more data (non-indexable) in Lucene slow it down on
queries?

Thanks,
Rob Clews