lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "jitender ahuja" <ajiten...@aalayance.com>
Subject ANDing and ORing of indexed fields
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:20:24 GMT
Hi All,
           I want  options 'AND' as well as 'OR' to be exercised upon the fields to be searched
upon, based upon the selection made by the user from a multilple select box. So, if it is
'OR' then the term(s) can be found in any one or more and I need to display the field in which
the particular occurence in the Hits array was found. But, if  the 'AND' condition is used
then it must be found in all.

The MultiFieldQueryParser class does an 'OR' search. But, how to display the field in which
the particular Hits' array item was found in case of 'OR' search
Regards,
Jitender