lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "jitender ahuja" <ajiten...@aalayance.com>
Subject multiple fields to be indexed
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:34:14 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to do a search on multiple fields of which some are indexed. Now, a query can
be posed to search in the indexed fields but the Hits class object can have only one query
object and the query class similarly can have only one field on which the query is performed.
Now, to have multiple queries I need to obtain multiple Hits class objects that are then merged
 together in one array. But, I do not know how to maintain the scorings obtained by different
Hits class objects. If somebody has tried such a thing or a different mechanism to feed a
query to different query objects, then pl. respond.
Actually I have not tried the above option of merging the results in a final array but I feel
that it should work.

Regards
Jitender