lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: RE : ReSorting
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 14:58:55 GMT
No I am not sorting massive results.  My sort code was put in before the new sorting functionality,
which I haven't looked at yet.  I haven't done any performance comparisons as of yet.  I also
use HitCollector to restrict the number of results retrieved to begin with.  I have been meaning
to look at the new sort code soon.

>>> erik@ehatchersolutions.com 05/25/04 10:39AM >>>
On May 25, 2004, at 9:59 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I solve this problem by using the HitCollector interface instead of
> the Hits interface and putting the hit information into my own
> SearchResult object which is then stuffed into a SortedSet.  I can
> then easily resort as needed using the standard collection
> capabilities in Java.
>
> Using HitCollector is pretty straightforward to implement.

I'm assuming you are not sorting massive amounts of results with this
scheme?

	Erik