lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject Re: altering index
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 05:52:29 GMT
Two points if I understand your question:

1) Search scope:
Add your date of expiration in the index and restrict searches on that
date. You can use a date filter, or a ranged query in a field with the
date in a yyyyMMdd format.

2) Document management scope:
When the date expires, you might want to schedule for the document to be
removed from the index.

HTH,
sv