lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: HitDocs class and returning a document number in the Hits'
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 10:06:34 GMT
Why not pass the Hits id instead of document id, if you need to look it
up in Hits again?  What information would you need from Hits after
displaying the results?  Maybe pull that information again using
IndexSearcher.explain?

You could look to see how Nutch does this.  Look at the www.mozdex.com
site for a running example.

	Erik