lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <>
Subject method for getting the field type
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 23:50:09 GMT
I think it would make sense to have a method

String getType() for  (or maybe additional short getType())

which would return something like

Text, UnIndexed, etc.

or am I overlooking something?

I have seen that toString() is delivering the type as part of the return
but I think it would make sense to get this information without string

btw, the Javadoc of isTermVectorStored() has a typo: available instead
avaliable, but maybe this has been fixed within the CVS already.

Michael Wechner

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message