lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "jitender ahuja" <ajiten...@aalayance.com>
Subject HitDocs class and returning a document number in the Hits'
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 09:41:30 GMT

Hi All,

         I am displaying search results and the results on clicking the hits
in the same Jsp page.
          I don't know how to get the document number in the hits' list for
a particular document based on the Id.
I feel that the only way is to provide a method in the Hits class that need
be passed a particular clicked hits'  Id   from the jsp page, with the
HitDoc class also having one method ( to be called from the modified Hits
class) too to check for the matching Id document. But, with the latter class
not being  extensible (i.e. in another package, due to not being a public
class like the Hits class), I am stuck. Can anyone tell me a way out. I
would be highly thankful for this help.

Regards,
Jitender