lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "jitender ahuja" <>
Subject HitDocs class and returning a document number in the Hits'
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 20:05:44 GMT
Hi All,
         I am displaying search results and the results on clicking the hits in the same Jsp
          I don't know how to get the document number in the hits' list for a particular document
based on the Id.
I feel that the only way is to provide a method in the Hits class that need be passed a particular
clicked hits'  Id   from the jsp page, with the HitDoc class also having one method ( to be
called from the modified Hits class) too to check for the matching Id document. But, with
the latter class not being  extensible (i.e. in another package, due to not being a public
class like the Hits class), I am stuck. Can anyone tell me a way out. I would be highly thankful
for this help.