lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Conversion of Query object to a String object in 1.2 ver.
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2004 10:38:25 GMT
What is even more confusing is why you would take a perfectly good
Query object, convert it to a String, and then parse it back to get a
Query object.  You've already got a Query, just hand it to the search
method and forget about QueryParser altogether in the code you have.

The whole point of QueryParser it to take a string expression and turn
it into a Query - which you've already got.

Going back and forth from Query.toString and QueryParser is going to be
problematic in most cases due to analysis.  It can be a lossy
conversion from String->QueryParser->toString

	Erik