lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject TermFreqVector
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:55:56 GMT
Hi folks,

I started to use the new term vector support. Much more efficient than
temporarily reindexing documents in a RAMDirectory in order to get their
terms :-)

However, I think it would be more reasonable if the getTerms() method would
return Terms instead of Strings, since this is what at least I need in the
subsequent analysis process. Off course it´s easy to construct a term given the
field and the text. However outside the package only the public constructor of
Term can be called, which does the field.intern(). I don´t know how expensive
the call to intern() really is. Maybe my worries are irrelevant.

Christoph