lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index MultiReader.java FilterIndexReader.java IndexReader.java SegmentReader.java
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:03:21 GMT
Incze Lajos wrote:
>>Hi Incze,
>>
>>looks like the bug in PhraseScorer that I fixed last week (discovered by
>>Daniel). Could you verify whether the strange behavior still shows up with
>>the
>>current CVS-version of Lucene. You may use your old index. Reindexing is not
>>necessary.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Christoph
>

> I'm using the CVS HEAD, and was aware of your patch but this error ha not
> disappeared. I'm trying to setup a test case, but it's hard as the thing
> is somewhat hazard, I could not reproduce any straight manner.
>
> incze

Hi again,

I committed some changes to skipTo and it is now at least in such a state
that I do not know (from code inspection) of any further bugs in it.

However, it is not tested and I do not have good test cases. It would really
be great if you could test this latest version on your index. If you use your
old index, skipTo optimization should simply be switched off and no bug should
show up, if you reindex and then test again, search should be more efficient
and the same documents should be found as in the first case.

I donĀ“t know how much work it is for you to do these tests, but it would really
be great for me to know the results.

Christoph