lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/index
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:23:07 GMT

Thanks again for all of your work.  This is a great patch.

One nit, however: wrote:
>   +  protected IndexReader(Directory directory, SegmentInfos segmentInfos, boolean closeDirectory)

The non-public SegmentInfos makes an appearance here in a public API.
Perhaps this constructor should be package-private.

Or perhaps, since the SegmentInfos instance is only used once on line
414, for version checking, we should instead add an abstract
getVersion() method implemented by subclasses.  Could that work?

Thanks again,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message