lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Thimal Jayasooriya <thi...@cs.york.ac.uk>
Subject Re: searching for alphanumeric keywords
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 20:04:35 GMT
With the small addition that it might be an escaping issue ? are you
sure that the webpage ( I assume you're getting this from a HTML form)
has the input parameters escaped properly ?

Might be completely offbase, but just check that you're searching for
the same item  (from both JBuilder and from the webpage).

That angle is probably covered by "If QueryParser
<http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/QueryParser> is in the equation,
use the .toString method of the generated Query instance to see what it
did to the entered expression", but might be something to look for..

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> From now on, this will be my stock reply:
>
>     <http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/AnalysisParalysis>
>

> On Apr 7, 2004, at 3:36 PM, Amrun wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to search for alphanumeric keywords, e.g. 5ADT or
>> 2003/2004. If I
>> try to search for it in my jbuilder project (developer tool) it works
>> quite
>> fine, but if I want to search it from the webpage it doesn't work. I
>> get the
>> values from comboboxes (so they have to be strings), they have the right
>> value, but it doesn't work. It reacts as there hasn't been found
>> anything.
>> Maybe someone has had this problem before or has any idea why this
>> works in
>> this strange way?!
>>
>> thx Amrûn
>>
>> --