lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Goller <gol...@detego-software.de>
Subject TermDocs.skipTo()
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:59:10 GMT
Doug,

I think there may still be a bug in the new TermDocs.skipTo() implementation.
Maybe it is related to BUG 27587 and 27799. However, it is very complicated
to test.

Problem: In TermInfosReader index (every 128th term) skipOffsets are not
stored! Due to documentation getIndexOffset returns the offset of the greatest
index entry which is less than term. I believe this is not true it may
deliver the term itself! If we seek for a term that is in the index, this
term and its termInfo will not be read from the enumerator by scanEnum and
consequently no skipOffset will be found, even if present. This could lead
to serious problems when skipTo is used, couldnĀ“t it?

Possible Solution: Store skipOffset in *.tii too.

What do you think?
Christoph