lucene-dev mailing list archives

From eks dev <eks...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Fuzzy query with Jaro-Winkler distance
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:35:57 GMT
Sorry for previous email, wrong click.
This is complete:

Hi All,
   I would like to use Fuzzy Query with another
type(s) of string distance.
   For now, I plan to implement Jaro-Winkler distance.
Can somebody give me a hint what would be the best
place/way to slot it in in Lucene?
   Ideally, current implementation which uses
Levenshtein distance should still be available. I
guess some approach that selects which type of fuzzy
comparison should be performed could be based on Field
or Term type.
   This could probably be useful for more people
because fuzzy comparison of different classes of
tokens differs widely.

Great project!

Cheers, Eks