lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: Search Expansion
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:14:57 GMT
On Saturday 03 April 2004 05:01, hgadm@cswebmail.com wrote:
> >Does above make sense?
> >
> >-+ Tatu +-
>
> No Tatu, I am confused now. You probably need to talk
> lower level ... :-)
>
> Guess you are suggesting something completely different
> to Erik's proposal ??

Well, it's bit different approach. Eric answered your direct question, ie. how
to do flattened query, I tried to outline doing it without flattening, by
structuring indexed data in such a way that you can use prefix or phrase
query to do 'real' hierarchic search.

I think that mailing list archives have enough good explanations, hopefully
more readable than mine... so perhaps search though them first? I'm pretty
sure similar question was asked and answered just a month or two ago.
If you can not find any, I (or someone else on the list) can try to clarify it
further/

Also, I think there was another reply that indicated something was added to
Wiki, regarding hierarchic (classification-based) queries. I haven't checked
that out, but that might be helpful as well.

Hope this helps,

-+ Tatu +-