lucene-dev mailing list archives

From markharw...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject Re: Performance of hit highlighting and finding term positions for
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:29:59 GMT
730 msecs is the correct number for 10 * 16k docs with StandardTokenizer!
The 11ms per doc figure in my post was for highlighlighting using a lower-case-filter-only
analyzer.
5ms of this figure was the cost of the lower-case-filter-only analyzer.

73 msecs is the cost of JUST StandardTokenizer (no highlighting)
StandardAnalyzer uses StandardTokenizer so is probably used in a lot of apps. It tries to
keep certain text eg email addresses as one term.
I can live without it and I suspect most apps can too. I haven't looked into why its slow
but I notice it does make use of Vectors.
I think a lot of people's highlighter performance issues may extend from this.

Cheers
Mark